The International Foundation of Lymphology (IFOL) is a nonprofit organization that specializes in Godoy-Godoy Method of Global Lymph Drainage providing treatments for patients suffering from lymphatic malformations (LM) of the neck, throat, tongue, associated or not with post operative pain. We also provide treatment for children and adults born with primary lymphedema or who are experiencing secondary lymphedema post cancer or trauma.
Connective Tissue Rehabilitation™ (CTR):
About CTR™: CTR is a noninvasive connective tissue treatment which combines neuromuscular massage, myofascial release techniques, and lymphatic drainage. The treatment is given using a non-invaisive, FDA-Cleared, category 1 medical device, called the Cellu M6™ Keymodule™, manufactured by LPG Systems™. This machine is used to apply the techniques created by Gretchen Givone who has taken advanced training in locations such as France, Buenos Aires, Canada and most recently through the Godoy Clinics™ in Brazil. With more than 22 years of experience in the art of lymphatic drain therapy, Gretchen brings a wealth of information to our center. This treatment offers therapeutic and aesthetic benefits for a large array of clients needing Connective Tissue Rehabilitation™, call today, for a free consultation.
CTR is for you if you:
- have recently received liposuction or other invasive aesthetic surgeries and are experiencing swelling (edema), bruising, and pain. Often surgical operations disrupt the lymphatic system resulting in swelling. Please request a perscription for lymphatic drainage, and remember; only your physician is able to determine when and if you are ready to receive treatments.
- have edema around your neck, axilla, arms, groin, legs or feet.
- have undergone gastric by pass surgery or have a sleeve and are experiencing excess skin and or lack of tonicity in your skin.
- have fibromyalgia.
- have been prescribed Lymphatic Massage Therapy by your physician.
Furthermore, this specialized treatment has been reported by clients and seen in various clinical studies to restore normal functioning and improve physiological and cellular exchanges, as well as neurological responses in the following areas:
- Lymphatic Drain for health, wellness, and beauty.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Pre & Post Surgery Healing
- Lowering of high blood pressure
- Reduces Restless Leg Syndrome
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sports Injury recovery time
- Reduced appearance of scar tissue
- Chronic deep compact cellulite.
- Chronic superficial cellulite.
Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT):
About CDT: CDT is the most successful treatment for upper and lower extremity lymphedema. There are various forms of lymphedema. Primary or congenital lymphedema is a condition where one is born with a malformation of the lymphatic system an example of congenital lymphedema is elephantiasis. Another form, secondary lymphedema, is a condition often resulting from trauma and/or post surgery. The most common secondary lymphedema cases are seen with post breast cancer patients having had a mastectomy and the removal of the axillary lymph nodes. Often surgical operations disrupt the lymphatic system and can result in edema or secondary lymphedema. The treatment is a non-invasive mechanical/manual stimulation combining mechanical massage and a gentle suction which reduces the swelling of the affected areas.
The swelling caused by both primary and secondary lymphedema requires a 10 day treatment plan called Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT). The majority of our patients have experienced chemotherapy, radiation, or some sort of surgical procedure.
CDT is for you if you have:
- Primary Lymphedema, such as Elephantiasis. Also in children experiencing tongue, cheek, hand, and/or feet lymphedema.
- Secondary Lymphedema
- Lipedema which is a malformation of adipose (fatty) tissue which often results in a combination of lymphedema and lipedema.
- Received chemotherapy, radiation, trauma, or surgical procedures that have caused swelling and damaging effects to the lymphatic system.
The Cellu M6 Keymodule™ is FDA Cleared for treating Secondary Lymphedema.
The food and drug administration has given the Class 1 Cellu M6™ Keymodule, manufactured by LPG Systems® (a medical device company renowned as the world leader in connective tissue technology), full FDA clearance for treating Lymphedema.
Licensed therapist (PTs, and PTAs) do not diagnosis medical conditions. In accordance with state laws and regulations as well as FDA regulations, we require prescriptions for all CDT and CTR treatments with the exception of aesthetic treatments (of clients without medical contradictions).